Applications & Fees
Planning Fee Summary (PDF) – Summary of fees charged for services
- Minor Subdivision Packet (PDF)- Subdivision applications and process for 3 Lots or Less
- Major Subdivision Packet (PDF) - Subdivision applications and process for 4 Lots or More
- Recordation (PDF) - Recording of a subdivision after final approval
- Extension Request (PDF) - Request for extension of the final approval expiration
All Other Applications:
- Accessory Dwelling Unit Registration (Existing ADU’s) - Registration for existing accessory dwelling units. Existing accessory dwelling units must have a certificate of occupancy from the building department with an approved building permit.
- Accessory Dwelling Unit (New ADU) - Application for new accessory dwelling unit. Any applicable building permits will be in addition to this application.
- Conditional Use Permit (PDF) – Review of a conditional use permit
- Fence (PDF)– Review of the location and design of fencing in single family subdivisions
- You can also enter, submit, and pay for your fence permit online by clicking here Fence Permit Submission Online.
- Neighborhood Notification Meeting (PDF) - An opportunity for the applicant to meet with citizens and other interested parties to share details of the planning approval request and receive comments regarding the proposal
- Plat Amendment (PDF) - The vacation, alteration, or amendment of a subdivision plat that is not a Property Line Adjustment, or amendment to a public utility easement or the creation of additional lots or parcels
- Property Line Adjustment (PDF) - The relocation or elimination of a common property line between two or more abutting properties
- Retaining Wall (PDF) – Review of the location and design of a retaining wall
- Rezoning (PDF) – A request to change the zoning on a piece of property
- Sign (PDF) – Review of freestanding, wall, or temporary signs
- Site Plan (PDF) – Review of a site plan for non-residential, townhome, and multifamily developments
- Open Space Disposal (PDF)- Disposal of Neighborhood Optional Trails
- Please verify that your neighborhood has a neighborhood option trail through Highland City Trail Map (PDF).
- Temporary Use Permit (PDF)- Temporary use of a property for businesses
Turning In The Application:
Once you complete the application you can submit the documents to Kellie Bronson. For additional questions, you can call community development department at 801-772-4506 or by email to Kellie Bronson