News Flash Home
The original item was published from 9/20/2018 8:48:00 AM to 10/9/2018 1:54:40 PM.
What's Happening in Highland
Posted on: September 20, 2018
[ARCHIVED] City Council Brief
Click here for a brief on the most recent City Council Meeting.
Council Brief for September 18:
See the full council brief at http://bit.ly/2NZbpkF for more details. The full agenda and audio is available at http://bit.ly/HC-agendas. For a voting history of all council motions in 2018 click here http://bit.ly/HC-CC-Voting-History.
- During the City Council Work Session, Marilyn English provided a public employment law training
- Unscheduled Public Appearances included comments from Wayne Tanaka representing Friends of the Library
- City Event Coordinator Julie Tapusoa reported on the Highland Fling and awarded many volunteers who contributed to the successful event
- City Council approved the minutes from August 21, 2018 as amended
- City Council approved the ratification of Library Board Members
- Revisions to the Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual will be continued to a future meeting
- City Council approved the surplus sale of the 2001 Sterling Elgin sweeper truck
- Mayor/Council and Staff Discussion and Communication Items included an update regarding corner lot research results, options for constructing a Parks Maintenance and Salt Storage Building, an issue with the boundary line at Dry Creek Lake park and options for water storage at the park
- A closed session was held to discuss the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual as provided by UCA 52-4-205