News Flash Home
The original item was published from 10/9/2018 1:54:00 PM to 10/18/2018 4:45:22 PM.
What's Happening in Highland
Posted on: October 9, 2018
[ARCHIVED] City Council Brief
Click here for a brief on the most recent City Council Meeting.
Council Brief for October 2:
See the full council brief at http://bit.ly/2Od8Yfk for more details. The full agenda and audio is available at http://bit.ly/HC-agendas. For a voting history of all council motions in 2018 click here http://bit.ly/HC-CC-Voting-History.
- Unscheduled Public Appearances included comments from Wayne Tanaka representing Friends of the Library, Amy Curtin and Vicki Okerlund
- Youth City Council Member Laura Mabey reported on the events the Youth Council have been involved with and announced the Senior Dinner planned for October 25, 2018 at City Hall
- City Council approved the minutes from September 4, 2018
- City Council passed the revised Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual
- City Council authorized the purchase of a Vac Truck
- City Council approved a contract with Lewis Young Robertson & Burningham, Inc. for the Highland City Comprehensive Financial Sustainability Plan
- City Council approved updates to the Building Use Policy
- Reece Demille with Republic Services proposed an increase to recycling disposal costs
- Mayor/Council and Staff Discussion and Communication Items included a discussion regarding repairs to the display equipment in the Council Chambers
- A closed session was held to discuss pending or reasonable imminent litigation, and the purchase, exchange, or lease of real property as provided by UCA 52-4-205