Click here for a brief on the most recent City Council Meeting.
Council Brief for June 18:
- Derek White voiced concern regarding the connection of Canal Blvd.
- Alan Rencher thanked the City Council for their outreach regarding the Public Safety fee.
- Mayor Mann thanked Todd Trane and Josh Castleberry for extra hours and efforts spent on behalf of the residents with potential flooding.
- Council Member Kurt Ostler also thanked staff and Lehi City who offered assistance.
- Council Member Scott L. Smith thanked Todd Trance and staff regarding the success of the sewer pipeline project.
- City Council approved the meeting minutes from May 21st.
- City Council approved the appointments of Briawna Hugh and Edgar Tooley as new Library Board Members.
- City Council approved the appointment of Cary Wise as the Chair on the Beautification Committee.
- City Council accepted a donation from residents in the Mercer Hollow Estates subdivision for a landscaping project.
- City Council approved amendments to the Highland City 2018-2019 Fiscal Year budget.
- City Council approved an interfund transfer from the Pressurized Irrigation fund to the General Fund for 2019-2020 Fiscal Year budget.
- City Council adopted the Highland City Fee Schedule for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
- City Council approved the adoption of a Public Safety Fee of $11.50/month which is expected to generate $641,000. The remaining $60,000 will be pulled from City reserves.
- City Council adopted the Certified Tax Rate for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
- City Council denied the request for the creation of a park fee, removal of the Open Space fee, and reallocation of funds.
- City council approved the Final Highland City budget for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
- Mayor Mann reported regarding a proposed connection on the east end of the south side of SR92 across from Spruce Drive.
- City Engineer Todd Trane reported on the monitoring of water flows coming from the canyon.
See the complete Council Brief for June 18th at http://bit.ly/2X8Xxtt. See a history of all council briefs at https://HC-CC-Briefs. The full agenda and audio is available at http://bit.ly/HC-agendas. For a voting history of all council motions click here http://bit.ly/HC-CC-Voting-History.